Tuesday 28 November 2006

Hello Sunshine...

...Come into my life


Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

The great philosopher Ferris Bueller said that and I try to heed his wise words as I go about my day. The problem is that, while I'm pretty good at stopping to look around, I'm not very good at remembering what I've seen. So I'm going to record things here.

Since my life isn't nearly interesting enough to document on a more than very occasional basis I'll be relying on what happens in other people's lives to keep this blog going. I'm sure I can always turn to the newspapers for inspiration if necessary. If only the newspapers themselves could feel inspiration and take a break from trying to scare the shit out of me.

I might mention books and music that I've enjoyed too. I have Super Furry Animals playing on my ancient stereo as I type with the promise of Arcade Fire to follow, and I'll be reading James Ellroy a bit later. Happy days!

No comments: