Thursday 8 February 2007

Spring Snow

Well, Winter snow really but "Winter snow" isn't the title of a book I read a while back by a mad Japanese fascist. I've not seen this much snow in years but it's not that much really, just a few inches. Enough to bring our travel infrastructure grinding to a halt, of course.

Just thought I'd note a few things that I've done or will soon be doing. I haven't had a cigarette for a week now. It's been fairly easy. I haven't felt the need to barricade myself indoors and I've only rarely felt really tempted. Makes me wonder why I didn't do it years ago. I certainly don't yet feel like a non-smoker although these last two days I've hardly even thought about having one. And at the time of writing I haven't felt the need to use my nicotine nasal spray yet today. That stuff is still evil but not quite so evil as it felt last week. I've downgraded it, in evil terms, from Linda Blair in The Exorcist to Monty Burns. Next follows the getting fit regime but I might leave that until it gets a bit warmer. Early May perhaps.

Sis and I are off to London on saturday to see a band. They're called Dirty On Purpose and are playing at the free afternoon thingy at Notting Hill Arts club. They're from the US and don't have a record deal over here and I like that. It makes me feel as though I'm still in touch a little with what's going on, that I'm still down with the kids, y'know? Actually, it would be terrible if I really was down with the kids as I'd probably be listening to the bands that I slated in my last post. I'm happy being a discerning 30-something music fan. More details on the gig to come.

Dan got in touch today to ask me if I'd like to watch Fulham play at Bolton on sunday. This fixture would normally be as attractive as a cold sore even to a Fulham fan such as I but when he mentioned free ticket, travel and grub then it suddenly becomes quite interesting. So I said I'd love to go. Another good reason to go is to spend a bit of time with someone I don't see nearly enough. That's Dan by the way, not some woman in Bolton or anything like that. I've never been to Bolton and probably never will again.

And that's what I'm up to, more thrilling details soon.

No comments: